I’m teaching a six-part short story writing course with Comma Press at the Freeword Centre in London. In it I’ll cover:
• How to come up with ideas, and how to decide whether they’ll work as a short story before you begin writing.
• How to write a first draft, with and without a plan.
• How to write a killer opening line that will hook your reader from the start.
• The importance of conflict on multiple levels in a story.
• How to edit fiction efficiently and effectively.
The course starts 6 July 2017 and runs to December – one evening session of two hours every month. The material is suitable for complete beginners to more advanced writers.
There are a just a few places left, so if you’d like to spend the next six months learning how to improve your writing technique with me, get in quick.